HERE'S WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT ....

Cabaret Hotline Online is an independent website with more than 7,400 pages of news, information and stories on cabaret, owned and maintained by Stu Hamstra. CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE is not affiliated with any club or organization. It is totally supported through advertising and membership donations. This blog is an extension of the website and newsletter.

NOW IN OUR 26th YEAR OF PROMOTING THE ART & ARTISTS OF CABARET!

"His eye is on the sparrow...."

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

URGENT - I HAVE LESS THAN 30 DAYS TO FIND A NEW HOME

===============
URGENT - I HAVE LESS THAN 30 DAYS TO FIND A NEW HOME
===============
A month ago I was told by the owner of the condo where I've rented a room for the past 2 years that he was re-decorating the space and changing my bedroom back to a living room and I would need to find a new place to live by May 15th. 

Thanks to a change in plans by the owner of the condo, I have managed to extend my stay at my current address through June 15th instead of the original deadline. I can start move as early as this weekend and still have a month rent paid during which to make the move. The change in plans by the condo owner? He's selling the place. The June 15th deadline is firm.

I hate to bring this matter here, but it seems that nearly all single rooms for rent in the area are in spaces with young professionals or college students and have found a form of age discrimination is practiced. I am almost 76 years old with a touch of arthritis but otherwise of sound mind and body (considering my age) - stairways pose a problem, but not much else.

If you know of someone who has a spare bedroom to rent please let me know - all I need is a single room with kitchen/bathroom privileges and an internet connection (I'll even share that cost of that). 

I'm a quiet tenant - non-smoker - working at the computer most of the day, and not a "party person" - at least not where I live. You will hardly know I'm there! 

Stairways are a hardship, so a first floor space or a building with an elevator is preferred. My budget is around $700 per month (cash is ok) - depending on what amenities are provided. Please let me know if you have such a space or are aware of something available - ideally with a "cabaret" person.

Location is not important (I love the Jackson Heights area) as long as it is near transportation to Manhattan (bus or subway) with a decent shopping area - groceries, drug store, barber, Dunkin Donuts, etc - within a few blocks. Cost of a taxi is beyond my means. PLEASE HELP!!

e-mail me at stuhamstra@svhamstra.com

copyright 2015 - See cabaret listings from all over the world at CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE