HERE'S WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT ....

Cabaret Hotline Online is an independent website with more than 7,400 pages of news, information and stories on cabaret, owned and maintained by Stu Hamstra. CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE is not affiliated with any club or organization. It is totally supported through advertising and membership donations. This blog is an extension of the website and newsletter.

NOW IN OUR 26th YEAR OF PROMOTING THE ART & ARTISTS OF CABARET!

"His eye is on the sparrow...."

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

LATEST UPDATE ON THE RELOCATION OF CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE

LATEST UPDATE ON THE RELOCATION OF CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE

If you are not yet a 2010-2011 member of CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE, your membership donation this weekend can make a real difference for the future of CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE. As I have mentioned in the newsletter several times in the past few weeks, I need to find a new home by September 1st (next week Wednesday). Unfortunately, the news that I needed to move was unexpected - just two weeks ago I was informed by my roommate that he needs my room for a relative who, having been recently divorced, needed a place to live starting September 1st.

This situation could not have come at a worse time: in August when my income from CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE is at its lowest point (and this year at its lowest point in our 20 year history). I need to find a space quickly but simply don't have enough funds right now for rent/security deposit. Plus, since I am currently in a furnished room, unless I find another similar space, I need to purchase a bed, etc.

I am headed to Queens later today to check out an unfurnished room in Carona offered by a friend of my pal Daniel. There's no internet hookup, no bed, and requires a walk of several blocks to a bus to take me to the subway, but at least it is warm and dry - I can get an air mattress for temporary use if this is my only choice. If it looks safe and clean, moving here would give me a little time to find a more convient and better equipped room. But with your help, I hope I can avoid this extra temporary step.

I'm not asking for a special donation - only that (if you are able) join as a SILVER member at $20 (other membership levels are available, see below).  Even a basic $5 sustaining membership would be a big help. My situation is desperate - we've only been able to raise $500 towards our $2000 anticipated expenses.

Just click here for a PayPal link, fill in the form and we'll set the right level - any amount will be appreciated.

If you prefer to join by check, please remember, all checks should be made out simply to STU HAMSTRA and mailed to 676A Ninth Avenue #120, New York, NY 10036.

We plan to publish CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE tomorrow, as scheduled, as well as Monday's issue. I will need to figure out how to send out next Thursday's issue, but that's not impossible.

I know that this is a difficult time financially for many, and fully understand if you can't help right now.

I'll appreciate any support you can give to CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE!

STU

PS: Full details of benefits for each level of membership are on the website - just click here:  .

copyright 2010 - CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE - POST YOUR COMMENTS BELOW