HERE'S WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT ....

Cabaret Hotline Online is an independent website with more than 7,400 pages of news, information and stories on cabaret, owned and maintained by Stu Hamstra. CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE is not affiliated with any club or organization. It is totally supported through advertising and membership donations. This blog is an extension of the website and newsletter.

NOW IN OUR 26th YEAR OF PROMOTING THE ART & ARTISTS OF CABARET!

"His eye is on the sparrow...."

Friday, August 13, 2010

CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE NEEDS YOUR SUPPORT IN AUGUST

Here's the deal: I've been renting a room in the East Village for 3 1/2 years in a friend's apartment. On Sunday he informed me that he needs the room for a relative who is getting divorced - and he needs it by September 1st. Since he's a friend, he did not require me to give him a security deposit. And because this was unexpected, I have no extra funds set aside at this time.

Consequently I need to find a new place to live in less than 3 weeks - and I need to raise funds for a security deposit and rent as soon as possible. Income from banner sales has been next to zero this summer - and membership income has tapered off (in dollars, membership inclome is running far behind last year at this time).

I figure I need to raise $2,000 by September 1st - which looks easy since 200 folks still need to renew their memberships, which at $20 each would mean twice what I need. But money is tight - with an official unemployment rate of nearly 10% (and actually closer to 18% if you count folks who gave up looking for work) - and I know a lot of members are hurting this year.

If you can help - if you can afford a $20 membership or more, I could use your help this week. Even a basic sustaining membership of just $5 would help. Please CLICK HERE for all the membership levels and benefits available with easy to use PayPal buttons for joining.

Your membership dollars will help us continue to promote the art and the artists of cabaret without interruption - I'm counting on you. Every day, in every way, we're promoting cabaret!


Thanks for your support of CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE!

STU

PS: I would prefer to rent a furnished room from a fellow cabaret fan rather than from Craig's list, etc. All I need is a bed and DSL/cable hookup - send me a note at stuhamstra@svhamstra.com if you can help.


copyright 2010 - CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE - POST YOUR COMMENTS BELOW