HERE'S WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT ....

Cabaret Hotline Online is an independent website with more than 7,400 pages of news, information and stories on cabaret, owned and maintained by Stu Hamstra. CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE is not affiliated with any club or organization. It is totally supported through advertising and membership donations. This blog is an extension of the website and newsletter.

NOW IN OUR 26th YEAR OF PROMOTING THE ART & ARTISTS OF CABARET!

"His eye is on the sparrow...."

Thursday, January 22, 2009

VOLUNTEERS WANTED TO TEST A NEW CABARET PROMOTION IDEA

I have another new idea (these "brainstorms" come to me when I stay home from cabaret for too many nights because of the frigid weather) and I need your help - if you are interested. I have a SKYPE account - I call it my business phone - which allows me to make phone calls without using my cell phone - and receive phone messages as well. I have no "real" phone. And if you have a SKYPE account (its free to sign up at http://www.skype.com/) you can call my phone at any time from anywhere at a very low - or no cost - and leave a message. OK, I could answer it but I don't - leave a message. My SKYPE account address is stuhamstra if you have a SKYPE account - that's easy to remember. If you don't have a SKYPE ACCOUNT you can call my SKYPE phone number at 646-652-6743. I won't answer, but a lady with a British accent will answer and ask you to leave a message. And for this test I would like you to leave a message about your upcoming cabaret show or cabaret CD release.

Introduce yourself by name an city, and then leave a short 2 minute promo (please remember to give all the details, and give the URL of your website if possible). It would also help to leave your e-mail address so I can contact you. This is just a test, and maybe absolutely nothing will ever come if it and your recording will be lost forever. But it might just end up as part of that long promised but never delivered CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE podcast I have been talking about for about three years. I need your help to test my software and see if any upgrades are needed before we launch it officially - and I might even send your a special URL where you can tune in on the internet to some of our test efforts.

Now comes some legal mumbo-jumbo: If you leave a message promoting your event or CD, you thereby grant to Stuart V. Hamstra dba CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE, its subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, successors, and assigns the right and permission to record, use, publish, stream live, offer for sale, or otherwise distribute any audio or video interview. Such right and permission includes, but is not limited to, name, recorded voice or video, photograph or likeness, biographical information, handouts or any material based upon or derived therefrom.