HERE'S WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT ....

Cabaret Hotline Online is an independent website with more than 7,400 pages of news, information and stories on cabaret, owned and maintained by Stu Hamstra. CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE is not affiliated with any club or organization. It is totally supported through advertising and membership donations. This blog is an extension of the website and newsletter.

NOW IN OUR 26th YEAR OF PROMOTING THE ART & ARTISTS OF CABARET!

"His eye is on the sparrow...."

Monday, January 19, 2009

DID YOU MISS YOUR ISSUE OF CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE TODAY?

It seems that over 60 newsletters were returned today because the contents were considered "inappropriate or spam" by various spam filters. Now, I assume that everyone who has subscribed really wants to receive every issue, and they should check their spam filters to make sure that mail from CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE will be let through - you need to add the e-mail address to your filter's "white list". Of course if you are using a computer hooked up to the server of a company you work for, you may not be able to do this.

I would love to resend you today's issue, but I have no idea why this one was rejected. Last time this happened, the name of a long closed club in Manhattan called BOBO'S was miss-corrected by my spell checker to BOOBS - I didn't catch it and over 60 newsletters were rejected. In today's issue the only "offensive" word I could find would be "gay" but that word has so many different uses I kind of doubt it would be rejected unless you are using a computer at a Southern Baptist or possibly Morman church.

So - today's issue has now been posted on the website - http://www.cabarethotlineonline.com/ - and there are 2 links right on the home page - one near the top and one in the left column.

And if you can help me find the offending word I would be most appreciative - so I can avoid it in the future.

HUGS

STU