HERE'S WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT ....

Cabaret Hotline Online is an independent website with more than 7,400 pages of news, information and stories on cabaret, owned and maintained by Stu Hamstra. CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE is not affiliated with any club or organization. It is totally supported through advertising and membership donations. This blog is an extension of the website and newsletter.

NOW IN OUR 26th YEAR OF PROMOTING THE ART & ARTISTS OF CABARET!

"His eye is on the sparrow...."

Monday, June 15, 2015

CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE IS MOVING THIS WEEK - I HOPE

===============
CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE IS MOVING THIS WEEK - I HOPE
===============
---------------
RE: MY HOUSING SITUATION: As published in recent issue, the owner of the condo where I currently live has sold the apartment, and CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE must move by TODAY -  June 15th. I was hoping to start my move this weekend, but have no place to go. Problem is - the room I was planning to move to currently has an occupant who refuses to move out. Court eviction proceedings might take months.

Here's my temporary solution. I am in the process of selling - and/or donating - most of my furniture and other household items, with the plan of securing a furnished room by mid-week in this area - which would cut down the cost and difficulties of moving. 

If you know of someone who has a spare furnished bedroom to rent - all I need is a single room with kitchen/bathroom privileges and an internet connection (I'll even share that cost). I'm a quiet tenant - non-smoker - working at the computer most of the day, and not a "party person" - at least not where I live. You will hardly know I'm there! Stairways are a hardship, so a first floor space or a building with an elevator is preferred. My budget is around $700 per month - depending on what amenities are provided. Please let me know if you're aware of something available - ideally with a "cabaret" person.

My friend Daniel is tracking down some of the listings on Craig's List via SKYPE from his home in Ecuador and passing along information to me for possible followup. He is helping eliminate places that involve several stairways and canvassing rooms available in the immediate Jackson Heights / Corona / Elmhurst / Woodside areas with good transportation connections.

I have been able to extend renting my current room for one more week through June 22nd - but that is final. I am also contacting area friends to see if they have space where I and my computer can "crash" temporarily until I find a more permanant space. I will rent on a weekly basis if possible, so if a better and more suitable space comes along, I can transfer quickly.

Location is not important as long as it is near transportation (bus or subway) with a decent shopping area - groceries, drug store, barber, Dunkin Donuts, etc - within a few blocks. Cost of a taxi is beyond my means. PLEASE HELP!!

Note that for the month of June (and possibly July) there may be delays in posting items on the CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE website - http://www.cabarethotlineonline.com - as wall as the publication of newsletters while we move to a new location.

WATCH FOR UPDATES ON THIS BLOG - AND ANNOUNCED VIA TWITTER
http://twitter.com/cabarethotline

copyright 2015 - See cabaret listings from all over the world at CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE