HERE'S WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT ....

Cabaret Hotline Online is an independent website with more than 7,400 pages of news, information and stories on cabaret, owned and maintained by Stu Hamstra. CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE is not affiliated with any club or organization. It is totally supported through advertising and membership donations. This blog is an extension of the website and newsletter.

NOW IN OUR 26th YEAR OF PROMOTING THE ART & ARTISTS OF CABARET!

"His eye is on the sparrow...."

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

CABARET IS GIVING ME SO MUCH - THANK YOU ALL!

I want to say that my life right now - even in these tight financial times - is probably the best it has ever been in terms of joy and happiness in all my 70 years. Every day brings me another great experience, another new friend, another new discovery. Because my life sort of revolves around cabaret about 90 percent of the time, I have a chance to meet talented and giving people day after day, night after night. Via the internet I have a host of great friends I have never met - two folks in Adelaide (who have never met each other), a fellow in Cape Town, a performer in London, a singer in Phoenix, a fellow on a cruise ship sailing somewhere in the world - entertainers all. I estimate I listen to 10,000 different songs a year - on CDs, at shows, at festivals (and my iPod).

A lot of folks, when they write, add the comment "Thanks for all you do for cabaret." Well, I must protest because, to be quite honest, cabaret has done for me much more than I can do for it.