HERE'S WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT ....

Cabaret Hotline Online is an independent website with more than 7,400 pages of news, information and stories on cabaret, owned and maintained by Stu Hamstra. CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE is not affiliated with any club or organization. It is totally supported through advertising and membership donations. This blog is an extension of the website and newsletter.

NOW IN OUR 26th YEAR OF PROMOTING THE ART & ARTISTS OF CABARET!

"His eye is on the sparrow...."

Sunday, January 31, 2016

CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE CONTINUES IT'S FLORIDA EXILE



CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE CONTINUES IT'S FLORIDA EXILE

Last week, CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE celebrated it''s 6-month residency in Miami, FL. A lot has happened since we made the AMTRAK trip South from NYC at the end of July - leaving behind scores of cabaret friends and many non-cabaret pals from Jackson Heights, Queens, as well. I accepted the invitation of my sister - who has lived in Miami for over 50 years - to stay in her home while I tried to find new (and affordable) living space in or near Manhattan via phone and internet. At age 76, it isn''t as easy to live alone, and her offer was an immediate solution to my housing situation. But those who saw me in July (not many, since I stayed home most of the time) would know that I had some medical - age related - problems - problems that persuaded me that I could no longe care for myself alone. My sister noticed immediately when we got here, and, interspersed with many family events (her daughter, son-in-law and 2 grand children also live in Miami) and the Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas/New Years celebrations, she made sure I began a program to improve my heath. Arthritis (which I suffered from for 2 or 3 years) was just the visible problem. Over the last 6 months I have been studied, interviewed, tested, poked, prodded and examined by about a dozen doctors. A huge thank you to my sister, who has provided housing and much more, serving almost daily as my taxi driver as we go from doctor to clinic to hospital to doctor and back. I underwent a half-dozen blood tests, an MRI, a CAT scan, X-rays and a nerve test that had a doctor poking me for about a 1/2 hour with pins (no, not acupuncture, pins! Almost immediately they discovered something that needs to he dealt with as soon as possible, and I am scheduled for surgery on Thursday of this week - February 4th. I was hoping to get back to NYC to produce another MARCH IS CABARET MONTH GALA - which we''ve been holding annually since 2008. But the 3-week anticipated recovery from surgery and possible follow up will force us to skip the event this year and delay any return to the NYC area until Spring or later. I will continue to update the CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE website - http://www.cabarethotlineonline.com- daily (health permitting) and am merging the CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE NEWSLETTER into the website as well. with daily Breaking News stories in the left column on the home page, special attention to CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE MEMBER events, and cabaret organization news can be found there - it changes every day. I hope to revive the weekly newsletter in the coming weeks (after the surgery) - it looks like we can no longer send it out through our regular mailing system as before, due to spam blocks set up by the local internet carrier and we will have to pay a fee an organization to send them out for us. That''s it for now - more news coming soon.

copyright 2016 - See cabaret listings from all over the world at CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE