HERE'S WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT ....

Cabaret Hotline Online is an independent website with more than 7,400 pages of news, information and stories on cabaret, owned and maintained by Stu Hamstra. CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE is not affiliated with any club or organization. It is totally supported through advertising and membership donations. This blog is an extension of the website and newsletter.

NOW IN OUR 26th YEAR OF PROMOTING THE ART & ARTISTS OF CABARET!

"His eye is on the sparrow...."

Friday, October 29, 2010

"HERE & THERE" - THOUGHTS, COMMENTS, OBSERVATIONS FROM CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE


"HERE & THERE" - THOUGHTS, COMMENTS, OBSERVATIONS

THIS IS IMPORTANT: Robert Burns wrote: "The best laid schemes o' mice an' men / Gang aft agley." Please don't ask me to pronounce that, but that indeed is what happened this week. CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE ran out of cash. Not unusual - happens all the time. But this is "pay the rent" week, and our intention was to rent the room in this apartment in Corona, Queens, for one more month while I recovered from my surgery on Monday. But without money for rent, those plans had to be changed. Instead, I will be temporarily moving in with my friend Daniel at the apartment he rents (with 2 others) in Jackson Heights, thanks to the generosity of his landlord. But this is strictly temporary (3 weeks max) while we save up cash, hunt for, and hopefully find, a place of our own.
There are some complications: There is no DSL or WIFI signal at Daniel's apartment - and the earliest we can get one installed is 3 weeks. We are seeking a solution for this and will keep you informed. I will be in this current space through Sunday noon - and will publish a somewhat abbreviated Monday issue of CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE before I leave here on Sunday. I will also update the home page on the CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE website through Tuesday (I had planned to do that anyway) and hopefully we'll be back online on Wednesday. Meantime, we anxiously seek donations, membership donations, advance banner orders - anything to raise funds to help us though this crisis. But wait - there's more.

First, some good news: I went back to ELMHURST HOSPITAL yesterday for a re-test of my blood pressure, just as a safety precaution for my upcoming hernia operation on Monday, November 1st, as well as another precautionary test: an echocardiogram. From the above paragraphs, I am sure you can deduce the reason for my increased blood pressure readings at the original tests last week). Thanks to some Yoga exercises taught me by the examiner last week, I passed both tests with flying colors! Not such good news: I will be moving my things to Daniel's apartment on Sunday, and most of the work will have to be done by Daniel. Fortunately, his apartment is only a few steps from street level (I'm on the 3rd floor here), but it still will be some bit of work. So, publishing the MEMBERS ONLY newsletter on Saturday, the Monday newsletter on Sunday, the operation on Monday - all of this "on a wing & a prayer", trusting that there will be funds available for the taxi to move us and other expenses. It will be interesting to see what my blood pressure will be on Tuesday!
Meantime, everything is on HOLD until we get some financial matters settled. I was planning on a CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE HOLIDAY PARTY for early December, and this might still happen, but I dare not go forward with everything else in limbo: no internet connection, no official living quarters, no funds until the Social Security check comes in mid-month, and the complete unknown factor: will there be some expenses not covered by Medicare that I will need to pay?
I always say, it's much more fun on the roller coaster than on the merry-go-round, but sometimes this roller coaster life I'm living gets to be just a little too much to handle! So, not only do I need your support financially, I also need your best thoughts and prayers.

For information on ordering an ad on the website:http://www.cabarethotlineonline.com/BannerHere.shtml . For information on joining as a member: http://www.cabarethotlineonline.com/Membership.shtml . To simply make a donation,http://www.cabarethotlineonline.com/ThankYou1Donation.shtml
This time - as never before - CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE needs your support.

copyright 2010 - CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE - YOU ARE WELCOME TO POST YOUR COMMENTS BELOW