HERE'S WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT ....

Cabaret Hotline Online is an independent website with more than 7,400 pages of news, information and stories on cabaret, owned and maintained by Stu Hamstra. CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE is not affiliated with any club or organization. It is totally supported through advertising and membership donations. This blog is an extension of the website and newsletter.

NOW IN OUR 26th YEAR OF PROMOTING THE ART & ARTISTS OF CABARET!

"His eye is on the sparrow...."

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

"HERE & THERE" - THOUGHTS, COMMENTS, OBSERVATIONS - PART 1 FROM NEWSLETTER 08/24/10


"HERE & THERE" - THOUGHTS, COMMENTS, OBSERVATIONS - PART 1 FROM NEWSLETTER 08/24/10

The size and completeness of this issue will depend entirely on how quickly I can type and how much re-writing any of the press releases received over the past few days need re-writing. I returned from my Grand Rapids trip yesterday afternoon at around 3:00 pm to find the apartment was being repainted in my absence - in anticipation of my moving out at the end of the month (in a week's time). It had been a long day, and I was exhausted from the trip - especially the last stretch from Newark Airport to home (in a light rain). So I didn't even bother to unpack or check my e-mail and just flopped on the bed for a long nap.

Around 7:00 pm Daniel called from the MailBox store to say that 2 checks had come in, so I met him at my bank at 14th Street & First Avenue. I hadn't had lunch or dinner yet, so was stopped at our favorite Peruvian Roasted Chicken restaurant on First Avenue for dinner, and when I got home around 9:00 pm I just went to bed.

So the first hours this morning has been spent reading/answering e-mails accumulated since I left on Friday at noon, collecting all the news items for this issue, and updating my bank account and updating the membership lists. It is now 10:00 am and I am just starting on today's newsletter! Press time is usually 12:30 pm. My plan is to add news items with the hopes of covering all new show announcements through Sunday, September 12th (we try to keep three weeks ahead in every Monday issue). But any stories left over I'll include in the Thursday issue's listings, which usually only include items running ads or additional news for the upcoming weekend.


copyright 2010 - CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE - POST YOUR COMMENTS BELOW