HERE'S WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT ....

Cabaret Hotline Online is an independent website with more than 7,400 pages of news, information and stories on cabaret, owned and maintained by Stu Hamstra. CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE is not affiliated with any club or organization. It is totally supported through advertising and membership donations. This blog is an extension of the website and newsletter.

NOW IN OUR 26th YEAR OF PROMOTING THE ART & ARTISTS OF CABARET!

"His eye is on the sparrow...."

Monday, March 22, 2010

Need help writing a press release?

Need help writing a press release to submit to CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE (and elsewhere)? Its really quite simple if you keep a few things in mind - you would be bowled over by the number of incomplete press releases I receive each day, even from "professional" press reps. Drop me a note at stuhamstra@svhamstra.com and I'll send you all the clues and a sample press release that you can use as a guide. After all, the better the release you submit, the less work for me! (I received a press release over the weekend, for example, written in ALL CAPS! It had to be completely re-written, and I would have normally tossed it in the trash, but its for a show I believe in and wanted to help promote). Most important: A flier is not a press release!

MARCH IS CABARET MONTH