HERE'S WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT ....

Cabaret Hotline Online is an independent website with more than 7,400 pages of news, information and stories on cabaret, owned and maintained by Stu Hamstra. CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE is not affiliated with any club or organization. It is totally supported through advertising and membership donations. This blog is an extension of the website and newsletter.

NOW IN OUR 26th YEAR OF PROMOTING THE ART & ARTISTS OF CABARET!

"His eye is on the sparrow...."

Friday, July 3, 2009

E-CARDS? E-INVITES? YOU'RE INVITING TROUBLE

A word about e-cards: Please don't send me any. My reason is simple: I NEVER open an e-card, an e-invite, or any e-mails of that type. This method is used to spread a computer virus and anyone can send one under someone else's name. My advice to you is to do the same. Don't open any mail that requires you to open a URL to read the message - especially from someone you do not know.

In that connection - I do not have a FaceBook account and do not intend to open one. I do have a MySpace account but only have it in order to confirm the MySpace URLs of members who wish one added to their membership information. That's all its there for. I prefer TWITTER because the message size limit is 140 characters and the messages rarely require answering.