NOTES FROM THE MAC AWARDS:
- Nancy Witter in a gown looked quite glamorous - and made her patented smile even brighter than normal.
- Michelle Collier almost in a dress had even the gay men ogling.
- Hardest working guy on and off stage had to be Steven Ray Watkins, who must have spent weeks creating the Motown-style arrangements for all those numbers.
- Has anyone else noticed that B.B.Kings is in need of a little refurbishing?
- Performers who rocked: Tommy Femia - wow! (I'm at his show Saturday night at MAMA'S at 8:30 pm); Marcus Simeone - incredible! (Won both the award and best in show - hope to make it to his show at METROPOLITAN tonight at 9:45 pm).
- Couldn't have happened to a better guy: Daryl Glen - his NASHVILLE show did a trifecta: NIGHTLIFE - BISTRO - MAC! And a regular gig at the METROPOLITAN - First Sunday every month at 7:00 pm
- Big thank you to Lennie Watts for once more giving us a new angle on cabaret, while making the annual occasion a festive, exciting, entertaining and fascinating night.
(more comments in Tuesday's issue of the HOTLINE)