HERE'S WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT ....

Cabaret Hotline Online is an independent website with more than 7,400 pages of news, information and stories on cabaret, owned and maintained by Stu Hamstra. CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE is not affiliated with any club or organization. It is totally supported through advertising and membership donations. This blog is an extension of the website and newsletter.

NOW IN OUR 26th YEAR OF PROMOTING THE ART & ARTISTS OF CABARET!

"His eye is on the sparrow...."

Monday, March 2, 2009

RE: SEEDY HOTEL PIANO BARS CIRCA 2005

Someone is working on a research project and is looking for pianists who might have been employed at a seedy sort of Midtown NYC hotel piano bar circa 2003. Reminds me of the old story of the guy who wanders down into the lobby of a seedy midtown NYC hotel (circa 2003) and discovers an old friend from high school playing the piano. The friend was one of the finest musicians in the school and even had gotten a scholarship to one of the finest conservatories in the country. He was shocked, and went to the pianist and said "I never thought I would find you working in a dump like this!" To which the pianist replied: "I just work here, I don't have to sleep here."

I have avoided seedy hotels circa 2003, and I actually don't know of any hotels right now - seedy or opulent - which have pianists or piano bars. Anyone out there that can help? Drop me a line. Thanks.