HERE'S WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT ....

Cabaret Hotline Online is an independent website with more than 7,400 pages of news, information and stories on cabaret, owned and maintained by Stu Hamstra. CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE is not affiliated with any club or organization. It is totally supported through advertising and membership donations. This blog is an extension of the website and newsletter.

NOW IN OUR 26th YEAR OF PROMOTING THE ART & ARTISTS OF CABARET!

"His eye is on the sparrow...."

Sunday, January 11, 2009

SUDDENLY SNOW FREE

I just got back from the deli (around the East Village we call them bodegas) after fulfilling my craving for an Entenmann's Cheese Danish and was expecting to trundle through 5 or 6 inches of snow. Would you believe, after telling us all day we were in for a near-blizzard, the weather people could only come up with a half-inch at most?

And the storm, which was supposed to last all night, seems to have headed north and east!

Now, I'm not complaining, mind you. I used to love the snow (I lived in Michigan for 6 years and you learn to cope). But it took far longer for me to cross the street and navigate the sidewalk than it usually does. I place each foot down very carefully and take my time. And it felt real good to make it there and back without a tumble - no one has bothered to shovel anything yet. The building staff hasn't even spread any salt yet.

So now, as I lick the icing from my fingers, cravings satisfied (at least my hunger cravings) at last, I can get to bed.

Good night, New York!

HUGS

STU