HERE'S WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT ....

Cabaret Hotline Online is an independent website with more than 7,400 pages of news, information and stories on cabaret, owned and maintained by Stu Hamstra. CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE is not affiliated with any club or organization. It is totally supported through advertising and membership donations. This blog is an extension of the website and newsletter.

NOW IN OUR 26th YEAR OF PROMOTING THE ART & ARTISTS OF CABARET!

"His eye is on the sparrow...."

Friday, July 3, 2009

TIME IS RUNNING OUT

If you were waiting until the last minute to order your tickets to the 19th Birthday Party of CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE, this is just about the last minute. On Saturday - if any tickets remain - I am going to personally remind a few folks who I truly would love to see at the show who have not ordered tickets yet. You see (as though you didn't know by now) the party also celebrates my 70th birthday, and there are a bunch of folks, near and dear to me, who I would truly love to have there to celebrate with me.

In year's past, I have always told folks that the party is to celebrate CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE, not Stu Hamstra. This year is different, and as Cynthia Crane would say, time to toot my own horn. Less than 10 seats remain unsold - I do have 2 "sold" seats to give away (OK, I gave one away yesterday), but after Monday's issue goes out we will discontinue taking any orders, even if we have a few seats left. And we won't be selling tickets at the door the night of the show - THE BEECHMAN is not taking reservations.

Not trying to be mean or anything - I adopted this practice a few years ago when a friend (or I should say, former friend) offered to collect money at the door for tickets, and then got so drunk during the show (he was sprawled on a bench in the lobby of the venue when the show ended), he lost track of what he had collected, and mixed the show money with his own. We never fully untangled the finances and incidentally, that was the only CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE show in all the years that lost money!

Tickets are just $15 for new/renewed 2009-2010 members and $25 for non members (plus the usual $15 food/drink minimum required by the venue). TICKETS ONLY AVAILABLE THROUGH THE WEBSITE at http://www.svhamstra.com/thankyou1tkt2.shtml