HERE'S WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT ....

Cabaret Hotline Online is an independent website with more than 7,400 pages of news, information and stories on cabaret, owned and maintained by Stu Hamstra. CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE is not affiliated with any club or organization. It is totally supported through advertising and membership donations. This blog is an extension of the website and newsletter.

NOW IN OUR 26th YEAR OF PROMOTING THE ART & ARTISTS OF CABARET!

"His eye is on the sparrow...."

Friday, April 3, 2009

EVERY DAY, IN EVERY WAY, I TRY TO MAKE IT BETTER AND BETTER

I keep trying to find ways to make the website and the newsletter better and better. I try new things, change old things, test other things - all to serve the readers and website visitors as best I can.

Of course, this is a solo project right now - I can't afford to hire writers, and it isn't fair to ask writers to work for free. Good writers should be paid for their work. So 100% of what you read in the newsletters and on the website is mine. I admit, there is a physical limit to what I can do. But just the same, I am adding some new sections.

Starting this weekend we are adding four new threads: FEATURED EVENT - FEATURED BENEFIT - FEATURED CD - FEATURED REVIEW. I might not get all four up by Monday, but I'm sure going to try. Items in each section will change at least weekly, with published items "archived."

FEATURED EVENT will be the type of item that would have appeared in the newsletter under TODAY'S TOP STORY (something we have dropped for space considerations). FEATURED BENEFIT will focus in greater detail on an upcoming cabaret-stye benefit show. FEATURED CD might be a review, but also might announce a new CD release, or an article about a particular favorite CD of mine from the past. And the FEATURED REVIEW will be a review of a show recently seen (I have a few dozen in backlog so this might start out with a "medley" of reviews).

Suggestions - comments - ideas - all are welcome.