HERE'S WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT ....

Cabaret Hotline Online is an independent website with more than 7,400 pages of news, information and stories on cabaret, owned and maintained by Stu Hamstra. CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE is not affiliated with any club or organization. It is totally supported through advertising and membership donations. This blog is an extension of the website and newsletter.

NOW IN OUR 26th YEAR OF PROMOTING THE ART & ARTISTS OF CABARET!

"His eye is on the sparrow...."

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

SOME SHOWS I HOPE TO SEE THIS WEEK IN NYC

Highly recommended for this week in cabaret here in NYC:

I plan to be a DON'T TELL MAMA a lot this week - if my funds hold out. I want to catch the very dynamic Ben Cherry and his "Love/Hate NY" show at MAMA'S on Tuesday, at 7:00 pm. On Wednesday, I plan to catch Donna Moore's COUGAR CABARET show at MAM'S at 8:00 pm. I have been going back to this show for several years now - it has gone through several revisions as it prepares for a possible off-Broadway run (it has been optioned). And of course I try to never miss Grace Cosgrove's GRACE NOTES - Singers Soiree shows - this time its on Thursday the 19th at 6:30 pm (with Julie Reyburn, Lennie Watts, Jenna Esposito, Stearns Matthews, Billie Roe, Steven Ray Watkins and Stefanie Rose). Best cabaret value in town at only $15 - and you can take $5 off if you are a member of CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE. And on Saturday, a good friend from Cape Cod comes to NYC - Pat Fitzpatrick (how Irish is that) along with he sidekick Brian Patton, with an updated version of her fantastic show "Single, Again ... and this time it's not my fault!" at MAMA'S at 9:00 pm. A real gem! I also plan to be at MAMA'S at 7:00 pm to catch another Cape Cod favorite, Ralph Bassett's "I've Got the Divas In Me" show.

That's a lot of plans - I hope I can fulfill every one. We will take it one day at a time - and give an update in Thursday's issue as to how we are doing. I got three new short-run banner ads over the weekend plus a donation from someone who couldn't make it to our gala - all small amounts, but anything helps. At the same time, several banner ads expired over the weekend with two more expiring this week - this makes for an ideal time to run a banner, since they are displayed at random - the fewer banners running the more time your banner will be seen.