HERE'S WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT ....

Cabaret Hotline Online is an independent website with more than 7,400 pages of news, information and stories on cabaret, owned and maintained by Stu Hamstra. CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE is not affiliated with any club or organization. It is totally supported through advertising and membership donations. This blog is an extension of the website and newsletter.

NOW IN OUR 26th YEAR OF PROMOTING THE ART & ARTISTS OF CABARET!

"His eye is on the sparrow...."

Sunday, February 22, 2009

DOES ANYONE REALIZE THAT THE ACADEMY AWARDS ARE TONIGHT?

Just about every year I can remember, at least two or three ACADEMY AWARD events were held in the local cabaret venues here in NYC. But an extensive search of the club venue websites this morning unearthed only one - at COMIX on West 14th Street. I haven't been in a movie theater in several years, and though I get HBO on cable at my apartment, I rarely watch it - maybe once a month. So I have completely lost track of who is who and what is what when it comes to Hollywood. So I plan to be at Will Trice's show at THE LAURIE BEECHMAN at 8:30 pm tonight - and there are other cabaret events going on all over the place as well for other "who cares who wins - who's running anyway" folks like me.