HERE'S WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT ....

Cabaret Hotline Online is an independent website with more than 7,400 pages of news, information and stories on cabaret, owned and maintained by Stu Hamstra. CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE is not affiliated with any club or organization. It is totally supported through advertising and membership donations. This blog is an extension of the website and newsletter.

NOW IN OUR 26th YEAR OF PROMOTING THE ART & ARTISTS OF CABARET!

"His eye is on the sparrow...."

Saturday, January 10, 2009

NECESSITY IS THE MOTHER OF INNOVATION - SORT OF

Project: send out membership cards by e-mail to all current members of CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE

Solution: Send out my normal FORM LETTER e-mail program and add a jpg of the card as an attachment

Discovery: The program - which I have been using for 3 years - doesn't permit attachments (never tried it before)

Problem: Members began sending complaints that their card wasn't enclosed

Solution? Research and a bit of luck. I had purchased a different FORM LETTER program about a year ago. I tried it once and found it too confusing. It only cost me $18 so I set it aside. So I found the program and began testing. It took me 17 tries to send out the letter plus attachment - all 17 to myself - until I got it right.

Meantime, I worked all day to update all the member names and website addresses on the website so I had an excuse to send another letter to the members to which I could attach the card.

Result: success!

My fingers are bleeding from all the typing. My eyes are burning because I was staring at the computer screen for about 8 hours. But the job is done!

And now for some TV - There's a MONK marathon today on cable.