HERE'S WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT ....

Cabaret Hotline Online is an independent website with more than 7,400 pages of news, information and stories on cabaret, owned and maintained by Stu Hamstra. CABARET HOTLINE ONLINE is not affiliated with any club or organization. It is totally supported through advertising and membership donations. This blog is an extension of the website and newsletter.

NOW IN OUR 26th YEAR OF PROMOTING THE ART & ARTISTS OF CABARET!

"His eye is on the sparrow...."

Sunday, January 25, 2009

LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER STAY AT HOME DAY FOR ME!

A year ago, when we had a spell of bitter cold and windy weather - like we are experiencing here in NYC right now - I caught a cold that had me literally in bed for over three weeks. A constant cough continued for another two or three weeks. Now, everyone tells me that you don't catch a cold from cold weather - you get a cold from someone who has a cold. But the cold weather weakens your immune system because your body works so hard to keep you warm.

Anyway - those five or six weeks stick in my memory as the most miserable time in my live - all almost 70 years worth - so I simply refuse to take chances this year. And so far it has worked!

I have taken my "one-a-day" pill to "two-a-day" and tried to get more sleep (my insomnia still gets me up at 4:30 am so I now get to bed by 11:00 pm when I can). A nap at 10:00 am for just 15 minutes, and another 1/2 hour nap every afternoon around 2:00 pm seems to make up for any early-morning sleep loss.

So no shows again for me tonight - I am saving my energy for Monday night's 2009 NY Nightlife Awards at the TOWN HALL on Monday night at 7:00 pm - many of my good cabaret friends will perform and will be in the audience. It is the top Live Entertainment Award show in town.